Saturday, May 9, 2015

Launchpad

Once upon a time, I had a blog.  It started in 2004 after a year of internal deliberation.  That blog morphed into a dot com blog and between the 2 of them, I blogged for nearly 10 years.

Then - I gave it up.  Just like that.  Poof!  I just thought it was time.  Life was posing some unexpected challenges in the summer of 2014 and by that fall - my muse had left me...or so I thought.

Turns out - I am an artist after all.  I am a musician, I am a vocalist, I am a photographer and...I am a writer.

And the writer will not be silenced anymore.  Blog posts have been whirling in my head for weeks and I can't ignore them.

Those unexpected challenges did put me through my paces all winter long.  The longest winter in New England history in more ways than one.  Epic snowstorms, unrelenting cold - our lives turned into a frozen landscape that didn't recede for nearly 6 months.

Six months of over 3 feet of snow that never seemed to diminish and a bitterness to the air that sunk deep into your bones.

And now - it's spring.  A late spring to be sure but, like the buds on my Lilac Trees, I finally feel like those challenges are behind me.  My mind is clear; the path forward isn't exactly laid out perfectly however I can see it now.

I haven't seen the path in many years.

And part of the path is - The Artist Hidden Within.  I have spent so long turning my back on who I really am that I lost my way deep inside my soul.

Now - my soul is starting to hear a new song.  I plan on singing the tune at the top of my lungs!

2 comments: